Saturday: Thank God for those serving among the MNK who have
birthdays this month!
2. Sunday: Ask God to help MNK believers who are persecuted to
rely on Him in order to extend His mercy.
3. Monday: Thank God for His protection and care of the prayer-walkers
during their time in the villages; thank God that they were able
to see His hand moving.
4. Tuesday: Ask God to bless the radio broadcast tomorrow night
at 5:00PM EDST: Cain and Abel: The false road and the way of
5. Wednesday: Thank God for the MNK Scriptures that are translated;
thank Him for those who work so diligently to provide God’s
word in Mandinka.
6. Thursday: Ask God to touch the hearts of those non-believers
who are involved in Scripture translation; ask Him to not allow
them to read one more word without conviction!
7. Friday: Thank God for those missionaries involved in medical
care of MNK, especially the care of women; thank Him for the
precious few opportunities MNK women have to hear the Gospel.
8. Saturday: Ask God to make us diligent in sharing the Good
9. Sunday: Thank God for Godly mothers who desire for their children
to know Him; thank God for the privilege and responsibility of
10. Monday: Ask God to raise up women who will desire to know
Him, to follow Him, and to teach their children about Him…to
become women of Godly character.
11. Tuesday: Thank God for bizarre opportunities of being a witness
for Him, such as dealing with the police following an automobile
accident that was clearly the fault of the other driver.
12. Wednesday: Ask God to help MNKs understand the difference
between the offerings of Cain and Abel; ask Him to clarify tonight’s
broadcast: Unrepentant Cain.
13. Thursday: Thank God for MNK wedding ceremonies and baby naming
ceremonies; these give us opportunities to interact with our
neighbors as well as come to a better understanding of MNK culture.
14. Friday: Ask God to draw unto Himself those MNK women suffering
from HIV/AIDS; among the MNK, this disease is usually passed
from husband to wife.
15. Saturday: Thank God for the mental capacity to learn a foreign
16. Sunday: Ask God to intervene on behalf of MNK children who
are forced to memorize the Qur’an in Arabic, yet have no
clue as to the meaning of what they are learning; ask God to
allow that energy to be channeled into memorizing His Word.
17. Monday: Thank God for Christian teachers who work in local
government schools; thank Him for the Bible studies they have
outside the classroom.
18. Tuesday: Ask God to enable Christian teachers from other
tribes to have a positive influence on MNK students.
19. Wednesday: Thank God for tonight’s radiobroadcast on
the Prophet Enoch; ask God to help MNKs understand how Enoch
was able to walk with God in a sinful society.
20. Thursday: Ask God to draw to Himself those men and women
who sell the saafoolu (charms); ask Him to reveal Satan’s
power in that enterprise.
21. Friday: Thank God for the beauty of His creation that surrounds
MNKs every day of their lives; thank Him that His majesty is
proclaimed through the songs of birds.
22. Saturday: Ask God to give the MNK the ability to see God
at work in the world around them, though they struggle daily
just to survive.
23. Sunday: Thank God for the way in which He communicates with
24. Monday: Ask God to visit MNK men and women through dreams;
ask Him to cause them to be unsettled by these dreams; ask Him
to push them to consult Godly men and women for advice.
25. Tuesday: Thank God for opportunities on the prayer walk to distribute Scripture
to interested persons; thank God for the adult literacy classes which are taking
26. Wednesday: Ask God to allow the radio message tonight to be broadcast with
power and without interruption; ask Him to reveal the truth regarding His patience
and His wrath through the Story of Noah.
27. Thursday: Thank God for the prayers written in Arabic script/MNK language
which were left with village leaders during the prayer walk; ask God to bless
the reading of His Word.
28. Friday: Ask God to work with those who were prayed for during the recent
three-day prayer walk.
29. Saturday: Thank God for the hospitality – place to sleep, water to
bathe with, and food to eat – extended to our prayer-walkers.
30. Sunday: Ask God to bless those who "entertained strangers"; ask
Him to reveal that these men of God were sent in His Holy Name.
31. Monday: Thank God for the sacrifice missionaries make to proclaim the saving
Gospel of Jesus Christ.